Flight takes off for 50th anniversary
THE Battle of Britain Memorial Flight launched its 50th anniversary season at the Duxford Imperial War Museum, on Saturday. And it gave the crowd the chance to see it in its new colours which were chosen to commemorate RAF squadrons No 100 and No 550. The
THE Battle of Britain Memorial Flight launched its 50th anniversary season at the Duxford Imperial War Museum, on Saturday.
And it gave the crowd the chance to see it in its new colours which were chosen to commemorate RAF squadrons No 100 and No 550.
The event was attended by ex-Battle of Britain pilot Gerald "Stampe" Stapleton.
Tracey Woods, the museum's marketing and public relations manager, said Duxford was "delighted" and "honoured" to be chosen for the opening of the anniversary season.
You may also want to watch:
Our picture, left, shows one of the iconic Spitfires while, above, is the legendary Lancaster.
During the day the public had the opportunity to meet the pilots and crew of the flight and take a close ground-level look at the aircraft.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- This season's Spring Air Show will be taking place at Duxford on Sunday, May 20.
- This year's Flying Legends Air Show which will include classic British and United States war planes will be on Saturday, July 7 and Sunday, July 8.