Five hurt in multi-vehicle crash between Royston and Duxford which closes A505 and leaves car in ditch
- Credit: Archant
Several people were injured in a four-vehicle crash between Royston and Duxford earlier today, which closed the road at Flint Cross for more than two hours and left one car in a ditch.
Police were called to the scene on the eastbound carriageway of the stretch of road at about 11.40am and the road was closed in both directions.
The Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance officers and an ambulance crew were sent after reports that five people were hurt.
A woman believed to be in her 70s sustained slight injuries, a man recieved leg injuries, and another man was treated for chest pain.
An ambulance service spokesman has said that three people were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge by land ambulances, and their injuries are not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road ropened just after 2pm.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?