Five hurt in multi-vehicle crash between Royston and Duxford which closes A505 and leaves car in ditch
- Credit: Archant
Several people were injured in a four-vehicle crash between Royston and Duxford earlier today, which closed the road at Flint Cross for more than two hours and left one car in a ditch.
Police were called to the scene on the eastbound carriageway of the stretch of road at about 11.40am and the road was closed in both directions.
The Hazardous Area Response Team, two ambulance officers and an ambulance crew were sent after reports that five people were hurt.
A woman believed to be in her 70s sustained slight injuries, a man recieved leg injuries, and another man was treated for chest pain.
An ambulance service spokesman has said that three people were taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge by land ambulances, and their injuries are not thought to be serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road ropened just after 2pm.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images