First nearly new sale for Royston branch of new parents’ charity
- Credit: Archant
New parents in Royston can now benefit from having a branch of the NCT, the UK’s largest charity for parents, in the town.
The aim of the new group is to support young and new families, and parents-to-be in Royston and villages with the SG8 postcode.
Prior to its formation in June, the nearest group to this area would have been in Cambridge.
The group’s treasurer Victoria Bowyer said: “I originally signed up for anti-natal classes, which was a good support, but wasn’t local.
“We are now a new branch of the NCT, still under the Cambridge committee but more accessible to parents in Royston.”
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers run weekly club, Bumps and Babies, at The Old Bull Inn which is for parents with babies to meet up for a cuppa.
Victoria is also co-ordinating the Royston branch’s first nearly new sale, for people to grab a bargain on parent, children and baby goods.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
It isn’t a standard table-top sale, as sellers register in advance and are able to drop off their ticketed items in the morning between 8am and 11am, for the sale at the Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road, which starts at 2pm for NCT cardholders, and 2.30pm for non-members and finishes at 4pm on Saturday, September 17. Entry is £1.
For more information on buying, selling or volunteering, search ‘NCTRoyston’ on Facebook.