First nearly new sale for Royston branch of new parents’ charity
- Credit: Archant
New parents in Royston can now benefit from having a branch of the NCT, the UK’s largest charity for parents, in the town.
The aim of the new group is to support young and new families, and parents-to-be in Royston and villages with the SG8 postcode.
Prior to its formation in June, the nearest group to this area would have been in Cambridge.
The group’s treasurer Victoria Bowyer said: “I originally signed up for anti-natal classes, which was a good support, but wasn’t local.
“We are now a new branch of the NCT, still under the Cambridge committee but more accessible to parents in Royston.”
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers run weekly club, Bumps and Babies, at The Old Bull Inn which is for parents with babies to meet up for a cuppa.
Victoria is also co-ordinating the Royston branch’s first nearly new sale, for people to grab a bargain on parent, children and baby goods.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
It isn’t a standard table-top sale, as sellers register in advance and are able to drop off their ticketed items in the morning between 8am and 11am, for the sale at the Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road, which starts at 2pm for NCT cardholders, and 2.30pm for non-members and finishes at 4pm on Saturday, September 17. Entry is £1.
For more information on buying, selling or volunteering, search ‘NCTRoyston’ on Facebook.