First Capital Connect Easter train schedules for Royston and Cambridge
TRAIN travellers face changes to scheduled services in and around of Crow country over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend and in some cases buses will replace trains. Below are the up to date changes supplied by train operator First Capital Connect to help
TRAIN travellers face changes to scheduled services in and around of Crow country over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend and in some cases buses will replace trains. Below are the up to date changes supplied by train operator First Capital Connect to help you plan your journey.
Sunday: Early morning alterations on most routes. Until approximately 0930, buses will replace trains between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage via Hertford North and between Welwyn Garden City and Hitchin.
Also, until approximately 1000, services on the Peterborough route will operate to an amended timetable with journey times extended by up to 30 minutes. Early morning northbound services will be replaced by buses. Replacement buses will operate between Welwyn Garden City/Watton at Stone and Hitchin when the line is closed.
Easter Monday: An amended service will operate with evening engineering work on the Cambridge route. Throughout the day an amended service will operate with no engineering work planned. After approximately 2330, buses will replace trains between Hitchin and Ely. The last train to depart King's Cross for Cambridge route stations will be:
2206 to all stations between Hitchin and Cambridge
2215 to Letchworth Garden City, Royston, Cambridge then all stations to King's Lynn
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 3 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 4 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 7 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 8 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
2236 to Letchworth Garden City
After this time only buses will serve these stations. National Express East Anglia services will also be affected by this work. Replacement buses will operate between Hitchin, Cambridge and Ely serving intermediate stations.