Royston family first to welcome new baby in 2020
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple were the first to welcome their new born baby at Addenbrooke’s Hospital on New Year’s Day.
Danielle and Michael Bloss welcomed a baby boy at 12.57am on January 1.
Alfie Leslie Bloss was the the first delivery of the year and new decade for the Cambridge hospital according to the couple, and weighed 8lb and 4oz.
Mum Danielle told the Crow: "We are settling into life as a family of four, as Alfie has an 18-month-old brother Noah.
"He wasn't due until January 10, so to be the first born at Addenbrooke's in the new decade was a surprise.
You may also want to watch:
"It's pretty special and, to top it off, he shares a birthday with my dad, Leslie."
Charity Unicef - which works to protect children in danger - estimates that around 2,020 babies were born in the UK on January 1, 2020.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
It also predicts that there were around 392,078 births worldwide on New Year's Day.