Royston family first to welcome new baby in 2020
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple were the first to welcome their new born baby at Addenbrooke’s Hospital on New Year’s Day.
Danielle and Michael Bloss welcomed a baby boy at 12.57am on January 1.
Alfie Leslie Bloss was the the first delivery of the year and new decade for the Cambridge hospital according to the couple, and weighed 8lb and 4oz.
Mum Danielle told the Crow: "We are settling into life as a family of four, as Alfie has an 18-month-old brother Noah.
"He wasn't due until January 10, so to be the first born at Addenbrooke's in the new decade was a surprise.
You may also want to watch:
"It's pretty special and, to top it off, he shares a birthday with my dad, Leslie."
Charity Unicef - which works to protect children in danger - estimates that around 2,020 babies were born in the UK on January 1, 2020.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 6 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
It also predicts that there were around 392,078 births worldwide on New Year's Day.