Royston family first to welcome new baby in 2020
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple were the first to welcome their new born baby at Addenbrooke’s Hospital on New Year’s Day.
Danielle and Michael Bloss welcomed a baby boy at 12.57am on January 1.
Alfie Leslie Bloss was the the first delivery of the year and new decade for the Cambridge hospital according to the couple, and weighed 8lb and 4oz.
Mum Danielle told the Crow: "We are settling into life as a family of four, as Alfie has an 18-month-old brother Noah.
"He wasn't due until January 10, so to be the first born at Addenbrooke's in the new decade was a surprise.
You may also want to watch:
"It's pretty special and, to top it off, he shares a birthday with my dad, Leslie."
Charity Unicef - which works to protect children in danger - estimates that around 2,020 babies were born in the UK on January 1, 2020.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well
It also predicts that there were around 392,078 births worldwide on New Year's Day.