Firm behind Banyers House revamp in Royston ranked in top 10 of ‘Sunday Times’ 100 best companies to work for’
- Credit: Archant
It was of no surprise to staff at Banyers House in Royston that their parent company, Oakman Inns & Restaurants, has been ranked eighth in the Sunday Times’ 100 Best Companies Awards 2017.
The firm, founded by Peter Borg-Neal, uses a specially designed in-house staff training scheme – Oakmanology – and this was part of the key commendations which saw them score so highly.
Mr Borg-Neal said: “I am incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved. To reach the top 10 in ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ is a credit to every one of our team, not only in Hertfordshire but also across our entire estate.”
Banyers House in Melbourn Street reopened in December after a four-year closure thanks to a £1m ressurection by Oakman Inns.
Banyers’ general manager Fabio Santos said: “I’m a tiny part of a team that even in the brief time that I have been working for the company has grown as we continue to open great new venues.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope that everyone who comes to Banyers really benefits from all the training and career development that goes on quietly behind the scenes. We have a great team here who love their work and enjoy working for a company that cares about them and cares about their customers.”
For more information see www.banyershouse.co.uk.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 6 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 7 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 8 Dial M for an interesting look at the macabre
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre