Firework displays in Royston and surrounding villages this weekend
- Credit: Archant
As Bonfire Night approaches, here’s where to see firework displays in Royston, the surrounding villages and slightly further afield.
• Saturday, November 3
Icknield Walk First School, Royston – Adults £4, children £3. Refreshments and novelties available, as well as an indoors family viewing room at the school in Poplar Drive. Gates open at 6pm, display at 6.45pm.
Ashwell Primary School – From 5.30pm.There is a bar, barbecue and stalls. Tickets can be purchased at Ashwell Stores or Rhubarb & Mustard, or on the gates on the night.
Cambourne – funfair, fireworks display and more at Great Cambourne Sports Fields on Back Lane starting at 6pm. Fireworks start at 7.30pm. Parking limited.
You may also want to watch:
Steeple Morden – Fireworks on the recreation ground in Hay Street, there will also be burgers, sausages and a bar. Event starts at 5.30pm, tickets available from village post office.
Melbourn Village College – 5.30pm to 8pm. BBQ, bar, refreshments & glow products on offer. Display starts 7pm. Event organised by Melbourn Primary School PFTA. Tickets at www.pta-events.co.uk/melbournprimaryschool or at Melbourn hub.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
Reed Village Hall – Bonfire & Fireworks event organised by the Reed Village Hall Committee. The Reed Cricket Club Bar will be open from 4.30pm.
• Monday, November 5
Barkway Recreation Ground – Gates open at 6pm, bonfire at 6.30pm and fireworks at 7pm. There will be food and refreshments too. Entry is £2 for adults and £1 for children. Event organised by Barkway Parish Council.
Cambridge – Midsummer Common. Bonfire, food and fairground from 6pm to 10pm and fireworks starting at 7pm. Entry free.