Fire tackled at Barrington home

FIREFIGHTERS battled a blaze at a home in Barrington for over three hours on Thursday.

A crew from Cambridge was called to the home in Shepreth Road, near a river in the village, at 6.35pm.

The home’s summer house was on fire, and crews used a hose reel to distinguish flames.

They returned to their station by 8.55pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental, believed to be related to gas cylinders. The amount of damage is not yet known.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter