Fingers crossed for a Royston winner as volunteers are urged to nominate for top award
- Credit: Archant
Royston Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham’s regular look at the voluntary sector in North East Herts
We are very fortunate to have a wealth of voluntary organisations, community groups and sports clubs which enhance our local community, with the help of their wonderful teams of volunteers.
The Volunteer Centre offers comprehensive support to those involving volunteers to help them create environments which make sure that this crucial help is valued and that volunteers have an enjoyable and worthwhile experience.
Now is the chance for individuals to show their appreciation by getting their nominations in for the Volunteer Centres Hertfordshire Valuing Volunteer Management Award.
Now in its seventh year, this award is very special as nominations can only be made by volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
The idea is to champion organisations which demonstrate quality in their volunteer management.
To be eligible, organisations must demonstrate a basic level of good practice as demonstrated by achieving the Hertfordshire Valuing Volunteer Management Six Point Promise – organisations needing more details about how they can sign up to this should contact us.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
The winner gets a trophy and cash prize and there are cashprizes for runners up, too.
It would be brilliant if we could have a Royston & District winner again this year, to join the Garden House Hospice shop which took the title in 2010.
Nominations are now open for the 2015 award which will be presented in June as part of our Volunteers Week Celebrations.
Ask us for a nomination form, or download a copy on our website.
You can find the centre Royston & District Volunteer Centre in the Royston Town Hall Annexe, Melbourn Street, Royston, SG8 7DA
Phone 01763 243020, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website at www.roystonvolunteer.org.uk