Find out more about work and volunteering at Arthur Rank Hospice recruitment day near Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
The team at a Cambs hospice, which looks after patients from the county and across the border in Royston, is holding their first ever recruitment day.
Arthur Rank Hospice is inviting people to find out more about potential job, volunteer roles and future career opportunities at its first ever Team Arthur recruitment day.
The hospice, which was started near Cambridge in 1981 and cares for adults living with a life-limiting illness or conditions, has a wide range of opportunities – in clinical, catering and business support roles.
The charity now employs more than 200 staff and supports more than 460 volunteers – and the team say there are often misconceptions about what it might be like to work in a hospice, but these are quickly changed as soon as someone visits.
Volunteer Marilyn Chapman, who has helped out within the hospice’s day therapy service since May 2015, said: “It was my husband Jon who first mentioned volunteering at Arthur Rank Hospice to me, because he used to drive for them.
You may also want to watch:
“I did wonder to start with, if it might be a bit dark and drab. However, once I actually got here, it turned my thought process on its head.
“Everybody was smiling and helpful and there are so many wonderful people and patients you get to spend time with. You really have to experience it and be working here to fully appreciate what a warm and wonderful place Arthur Rank Hospice is.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 9 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
“It really is like a second home to me and has done so much more than fill a gap for my retirement – it’s actually given me confidence.”
To register, email your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating whether you wish to attend the 2pm to 4pm or the 6pm to 8pm session at the site in Shelford Bottom on Tuesday, July 11 before Friday next week.
If you are unable to attend, but would like to find out more, call Kasia on 01223 675865 for job vacancies or Vipra on 01223 675872 for volunteer opportunities.