Find out more about work and volunteering at Arthur Rank Hospice recruitment day near Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
The team at a Cambs hospice, which looks after patients from the county and across the border in Royston, is holding their first ever recruitment day.
Arthur Rank Hospice is inviting people to find out more about potential job, volunteer roles and future career opportunities at its first ever Team Arthur recruitment day.
The hospice, which was started near Cambridge in 1981 and cares for adults living with a life-limiting illness or conditions, has a wide range of opportunities – in clinical, catering and business support roles.
The charity now employs more than 200 staff and supports more than 460 volunteers – and the team say there are often misconceptions about what it might be like to work in a hospice, but these are quickly changed as soon as someone visits.
Volunteer Marilyn Chapman, who has helped out within the hospice’s day therapy service since May 2015, said: “It was my husband Jon who first mentioned volunteering at Arthur Rank Hospice to me, because he used to drive for them.
You may also want to watch:
“I did wonder to start with, if it might be a bit dark and drab. However, once I actually got here, it turned my thought process on its head.
“Everybody was smiling and helpful and there are so many wonderful people and patients you get to spend time with. You really have to experience it and be working here to fully appreciate what a warm and wonderful place Arthur Rank Hospice is.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
“It really is like a second home to me and has done so much more than fill a gap for my retirement – it’s actually given me confidence.”
To register, email your name and phone number to email@example.com, clearly indicating whether you wish to attend the 2pm to 4pm or the 6pm to 8pm session at the site in Shelford Bottom on Tuesday, July 11 before Friday next week.
If you are unable to attend, but would like to find out more, call Kasia on 01223 675865 for job vacancies or Vipra on 01223 675872 for volunteer opportunities.