Royston set for May Fayre 2019
- Credit: Archant
Royston May Fayre is back with fun for all the family on bank holiday Monday.
Activities in Priory Memorial Gardens include children’s fairground rides, bouncy castles and miniature train rides.
You can also try out free attractions ‘Last Man Standing’ and ‘Circus Whiz’, and see the dog show, historical vehicle show and more.
Refreshments include a hog roast, burgers, retro sweets and more, plus a beer tent. Royston Town Band will be providing musical entertainment throughout the day.
The Naturally Royston Group are inviting young people in and around Royston to help the environment by creating friendly habitats for our insects. They will have an example bug hotel and some free materials available on their stand.
You may also want to watch:
Royston town mayor, councillor Iain Leggett, said: “I am looking forward to this year’s May Fayre, one of the premier events for the town.
“Come along, join in the fun and spend an afternoon relaxing with friends and family. Visit the stalls, grab something to eat and drink and discover what is good about the town. See you there.”
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
The fayre takes place on bank holiday Monday in Priory Memorial Gardens from 12 noon until 4.30pm.