Fighter ace to help launch church appeal
AMERICAN fighter ace Bill Cullerton is to return to Litlington to help launch an appeal for St Catherine s Church tower restoration. Mr Cullerton and his wife Steve will be signing a limited edition of a painting of his P-51 Mustang flying over St Catheri
AMERICAN fighter ace Bill Cullerton is to return to Litlington to help launch an appeal for St Catherine's Church tower restoration.
Mr Cullerton and his wife Steve will be signing a limited edition of a painting of his P-51 Mustang flying over St Catherine's Church on its way home to Steeple Morden.
He is one of three men who served with the 355th Fighter Group when it was based at Steeple Modern during the Second World War.
Mr Cullerton, who was with the 357th Squadron, and Bob Kuhnert and Julius Moseley, both of the 354th Squadron, will be launching the appeal at Litlington Village Hall on Tuesday evening.
You may also want to watch:
There will be an exhibition, too, at the village hall of the 355th Fighter Group during the Second World War, and photographs of UK reunions from 1978.
The three men will also be talking about life on the USAAF base at Steeple Morden.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
They will be laying a wreath during a service at the war memorial in Steeple Morden on Friday.
- Tickets for the launch at Litlington Village Hall are available from Pamela Sharp on 01763 852425.