Fiercely original five-piece ready to rock out Meldreth
- Credit: Archant
A fiercely original five-piece are ready to rock out in Meldreth.
Female fronted Black State Highway are playing Melbourn Rock Club at Eternit Sports & Social Club on Saturday, February 28.
Since releasing their debut album last August the band have gone from strength to strength and count playing at last year’s Hard Rock Hell music festival as a highlight.
Despite forming in Brighton the band is comprised of a handful of nationalities with Latvian singer Liva Steinberga, Scottish bassist Gordon Duncan, English (with a touch of German) guitarist Olie Trethewey, drummer Harry Bland and Swedish Guitarist Yonnis Crampton.
The group are crowd-pleasing regulars on London’s rock circuit with appearances at the 100 club and the O2 Academy Islington.
You may also want to watch:
Black State Highway are influenced by 1970s rock bands, but the group aim to break the boundaries of classic rock by producing their unique brand of heavy riff-based music.
The five-piece make it their aim to play ‘filthy stinking, bluesy riffage delivered in a down to earth jeans and T-shirt kind of way’.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
The band will be supported by Dirty Little Rebel and Stormdreamer.
Doors open at 7pm when the first band will come on stage with the last act finishing at 11.45pm.
Tickets for £7 can be reserved by calling 01763 260250 or bought on the door for £8.