Fetes galore in Melbourn and Meldreth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It’s all going off in two neighbouring South Cambs villages over the next few weekends, with fetes galore on the menu.
First up Melbourn Fete will be held next Saturday, June 18, at The Moor, Melbourn.
The fete will start at 1pm and go on until late – expect music on the moor, classic vehicles, stalls, a raffle, bar and tea shop.
Meldreth Fete will then be held the following weekend – on Saturday, June 25, in the churchyard.
A fundraising auction is also planned and one of the organisers, Jane Remnant, said: “The feedback from the community and local businesses has been incredible – there have been some fantastic contributions.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been lots of prizes donated, such as The British Queen and Melbourn Fish and Chip Shop who have donated a meal for two, and Black Barn in Meldreth, who donated a turkey.”
The money raised will go to restoring the fabric of the 11th century church, which is in constant need of repair.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
Jane added: “The church is a very valuable piece of history for the village, which we want to maintain.”