Fetes galore in Melbourn and Meldreth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It’s all going off in two neighbouring South Cambs villages over the next few weekends, with fetes galore on the menu.
First up Melbourn Fete will be held next Saturday, June 18, at The Moor, Melbourn.
The fete will start at 1pm and go on until late – expect music on the moor, classic vehicles, stalls, a raffle, bar and tea shop.
Meldreth Fete will then be held the following weekend – on Saturday, June 25, in the churchyard.
A fundraising auction is also planned and one of the organisers, Jane Remnant, said: “The feedback from the community and local businesses has been incredible – there have been some fantastic contributions.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been lots of prizes donated, such as The British Queen and Melbourn Fish and Chip Shop who have donated a meal for two, and Black Barn in Meldreth, who donated a turkey.”
The money raised will go to restoring the fabric of the 11th century church, which is in constant need of repair.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended
Jane added: “The church is a very valuable piece of history for the village, which we want to maintain.”