Fetes galore in Melbourn and Meldreth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It’s all going off in two neighbouring South Cambs villages over the next few weekends, with fetes galore on the menu.
First up Melbourn Fete will be held next Saturday, June 18, at The Moor, Melbourn.
The fete will start at 1pm and go on until late – expect music on the moor, classic vehicles, stalls, a raffle, bar and tea shop.
Meldreth Fete will then be held the following weekend – on Saturday, June 25, in the churchyard.
A fundraising auction is also planned and one of the organisers, Jane Remnant, said: “The feedback from the community and local businesses has been incredible – there have been some fantastic contributions.
“There have been lots of prizes donated, such as The British Queen and Melbourn Fish and Chip Shop who have donated a meal for two, and Black Barn in Meldreth, who donated a turkey.”
The money raised will go to restoring the fabric of the 11th century church, which is in constant need of repair.
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 4 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 5 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 6 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 10 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
Jane added: “The church is a very valuable piece of history for the village, which we want to maintain.”