Fetes galore in Melbourn and Meldreth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It’s all going off in two neighbouring South Cambs villages over the next few weekends, with fetes galore on the menu.
First up Melbourn Fete will be held next Saturday, June 18, at The Moor, Melbourn.
The fete will start at 1pm and go on until late – expect music on the moor, classic vehicles, stalls, a raffle, bar and tea shop.
Meldreth Fete will then be held the following weekend – on Saturday, June 25, in the churchyard.
A fundraising auction is also planned and one of the organisers, Jane Remnant, said: “The feedback from the community and local businesses has been incredible – there have been some fantastic contributions.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been lots of prizes donated, such as The British Queen and Melbourn Fish and Chip Shop who have donated a meal for two, and Black Barn in Meldreth, who donated a turkey.”
The money raised will go to restoring the fabric of the 11th century church, which is in constant need of repair.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
Jane added: “The church is a very valuable piece of history for the village, which we want to maintain.”