Fetes galore in Melbourn and Meldreth
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
It’s all going off in two neighbouring South Cambs villages over the next few weekends, with fetes galore on the menu.
First up Melbourn Fete will be held next Saturday, June 18, at The Moor, Melbourn.
The fete will start at 1pm and go on until late – expect music on the moor, classic vehicles, stalls, a raffle, bar and tea shop.
Meldreth Fete will then be held the following weekend – on Saturday, June 25, in the churchyard.
A fundraising auction is also planned and one of the organisers, Jane Remnant, said: “The feedback from the community and local businesses has been incredible – there have been some fantastic contributions.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been lots of prizes donated, such as The British Queen and Melbourn Fish and Chip Shop who have donated a meal for two, and Black Barn in Meldreth, who donated a turkey.”
The money raised will go to restoring the fabric of the 11th century church, which is in constant need of repair.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 5 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Jane added: “The church is a very valuable piece of history for the village, which we want to maintain.”