Festival is a big hit
WITH a packed line-up of live bands and a host of stalls and attractions, Buntingford summer festival was a hit with visitors of all ages. The event, organised by Buntingford Youth Council, featured seven local bands who played songs in Buntingford Commun
WITH a packed line-up of live bands and a host of stalls and attractions, Buntingford summer festival was a hit with visitors of all ages.
The event, organised by Buntingford Youth Council, featured seven local bands who played songs in Buntingford Community Centre throughout the afternoon.
Other attractions included craft stools, a football shoot-out and a bouncy castle, while Buntingford Fire Station also held an open day.
Buntingford town clerk Jill Jones said: "It was great to see such a mix of people enjoying the festival.
"It was a very relaxed day and we didn't have a single complaint, which is a credit to the organisers."
The live music was primarily aimed at the younger generation, and featured bands such as heavy metal rockers Darkcide and emo outfit The Fallout Theory.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 6 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
The evening ended with a DJ set from DJ Matty D.
Mrs Jones said: "It is a fantastic achievement for the youth council to put on such a popular day.
"We haven't made a lot of money from the summer festival, but it wasn't supposed to be a fund-raiser.
"We wanted to hold a community event which would bring everyone together and in that regard I think it was a great success.