Festival is a big hit
WITH a packed line-up of live bands and a host of stalls and attractions, Buntingford summer festival was a hit with visitors of all ages. The event, organised by Buntingford Youth Council, featured seven local bands who played songs in Buntingford Commun
WITH a packed line-up of live bands and a host of stalls and attractions, Buntingford summer festival was a hit with visitors of all ages.
The event, organised by Buntingford Youth Council, featured seven local bands who played songs in Buntingford Community Centre throughout the afternoon.
Other attractions included craft stools, a football shoot-out and a bouncy castle, while Buntingford Fire Station also held an open day.
Buntingford town clerk Jill Jones said: "It was great to see such a mix of people enjoying the festival.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a very relaxed day and we didn't have a single complaint, which is a credit to the organisers."
The live music was primarily aimed at the younger generation, and featured bands such as heavy metal rockers Darkcide and emo outfit The Fallout Theory.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
The evening ended with a DJ set from DJ Matty D.
Mrs Jones said: "It is a fantastic achievement for the youth council to put on such a popular day.
"We haven't made a lot of money from the summer festival, but it wasn't supposed to be a fund-raiser.
"We wanted to hold a community event which would bring everyone together and in that regard I think it was a great success.