Festival is a big hit
WITH a packed line-up of live bands and a host of stalls and attractions, Buntingford summer festival was a hit with visitors of all ages. The event, organised by Buntingford Youth Council, featured seven local bands who played songs in Buntingford Commun
WITH a packed line-up of live bands and a host of stalls and attractions, Buntingford summer festival was a hit with visitors of all ages.
The event, organised by Buntingford Youth Council, featured seven local bands who played songs in Buntingford Community Centre throughout the afternoon.
Other attractions included craft stools, a football shoot-out and a bouncy castle, while Buntingford Fire Station also held an open day.
Buntingford town clerk Jill Jones said: "It was great to see such a mix of people enjoying the festival.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a very relaxed day and we didn't have a single complaint, which is a credit to the organisers."
The live music was primarily aimed at the younger generation, and featured bands such as heavy metal rockers Darkcide and emo outfit The Fallout Theory.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
The evening ended with a DJ set from DJ Matty D.
Mrs Jones said: "It is a fantastic achievement for the youth council to put on such a popular day.
"We haven't made a lot of money from the summer festival, but it wasn't supposed to be a fund-raiser.
"We wanted to hold a community event which would bring everyone together and in that regard I think it was a great success.