Festival calls on people of Royston to get creative
- Credit: Archant
A festival encouraging people in Royston to get creative will be held this week.
Creative Royston – the group behind Royston Arts Festival – will be showcasing local talent to celebrate Voluntary Arts Week.
A spokesman for Creative Royston said: “The aim of the events is to give people the chance to be creative and get involved.
“It’s about people taking part and being creative, not just being spectators.
“We want groups around the town to come and run these events themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
On Tuesday, Royston Photographic Society will host an evening Photowalk.
People taking part are encouraged to bring a camera along to take photos of interesting things that catch their attention, such as plants and animals.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
The group is meeting at the American war memorial in Priory Memorial Gardens at 7pm.
On Wednesday people are invited to watch the Priory Quilters weave their stitching magic at Royston and District Art Gallery and Museum from 1pm.
On Wednesday evening, an all male singing session, GuySing, will be held from 7.30pm at Greneway Middle School.
If that wasn’t enough, Bassingbourn Village Band will hold an open rehearsal for the public on Thursday from 8.15pm in Bassingbourn High Street and Royston Town Band will take to the stage at Tannery Drift School on the same evening from 7.30pm.
There will also be knitting workshops and painting demonstrations.
You can find out full details online at www.roystonartsfestival.org.