Faulty level crossing causes train delays
FAULTY level crossing barriers caused delays for rail passengers this morning. The barriers at the Litlington level crossing became stuck at around 7.30am. A spokesman for train operator First Capital Connect said: Staff at Royston station were informed
FAULTY level crossing barriers caused delays for rail passengers this morning.
The barriers at the Litlington level crossing became stuck at around 7.30am.
A spokesman for train operator First Capital Connect said: "Staff at Royston station were informed by a passenger that the barriers at Litlington were not closing properly.
"This caused a disruption to services between Royston and Ashwell and Morden stations, but the problem was resolved by 8.55am."
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that although trains were running as normal, passengers will still experience slight residual delays until later this morning.
- 1 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 10 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre