Faulty level crossing causes train delays
FAULTY level crossing barriers caused delays for rail passengers this morning. The barriers at the Litlington level crossing became stuck at around 7.30am. A spokesman for train operator First Capital Connect said: Staff at Royston station were informed
FAULTY level crossing barriers caused delays for rail passengers this morning.
The barriers at the Litlington level crossing became stuck at around 7.30am.
A spokesman for train operator First Capital Connect said: "Staff at Royston station were informed by a passenger that the barriers at Litlington were not closing properly.
"This caused a disruption to services between Royston and Ashwell and Morden stations, but the problem was resolved by 8.55am."
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that although trains were running as normal, passengers will still experience slight residual delays until later this morning.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'