Fatal collision causes rail delays
A PERSON has been fatally hit by a train in Little Shelford today (Thursday).
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “BTP officers were called to Hauxton Road, Little Shelford in Cambridge, on Thursday, 26 April following the report of a person being struck by a train.
“BTP and officers from Cambridge Constabulary attended the incident which was reported to BTP at 2.25pm and is currently being treated as non-suspicious.
“Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service also attended but the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the identity of the person and inform their family.
You may also want to watch:
“A file will be prepared for the coroner.”
First Capital Connect say the incident will cause delays of up to 20 minutes between Stevenage and Cambridge.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people