Farmers’ market to take centre stage in Christmas celebrations
A FARMERS market is to be the centrepiece of this year s Royston Christmas Carnival on Sunday. It will be held in the market square as part of the events running during the day. And the traditional gift fair will return, too, to the Old Bull Inn. There i
A FARMERS' market is to be the centrepiece of this year's Royston Christmas Carnival on Sunday.
It will be held in the market square as part of the events running during the day.
And the traditional gift fair will return, too, to the Old Bull Inn.
There is expected to be a record number of charity stalls - at the moment 17 have booked a place - in Angel Pavement while in the High Street Father Christmas will be in his gazebo in the garden of The Toy Shop.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions will include a display from the Royston Fire and Rescue Service at The Cross.
For visitors needing a moment of peace and quiet, the Royston Parish Church will be open serving coffee and mince pies from 12.30pm.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The events will begin at 10am and run during the day to 3pm with shops in the town centre being open.
Once again the Royston Town Centre Forum, the Royston and District Chamber of Commerce and Royston Town Council have ensured that Christmas lights will be on display the length of the High Street and in Angel Pavement.
Free car parking will be available at the town hall car park, The Warren and at Somerfield supermarket in Princes Mews.