Farmers flock to Cambridgeshire County Show
- Credit: Archant
It may have been pouring with rain, but that wasn’t enough to dampen the spirits of young farmers when they celebrated rural life at the Cambridgeshire County Show on Sunday.
The day was a great chance for farmers to show off the latest in agricultural gear as well as take part in the adrenaline fuelled wacky races.
Ray Aliker put on a show to remember when he wowed the crowds with his birds of prey demonstration.
The all day festival went down a hit, with Sarah Baber tweeting: “A fun day out for all at the Cambridgeshire County Show.”
The event featured traditional farming activities such as sheep dog handling, terrier racing and presentations by traditional timber cutting team the Welsh Axemen.
You may also want to watch:
The day was complete with fairground rides, lots of tasty fresh produce to try in the food hall and a hog roast.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 10 Missing teen found safe and well