Fancy having tea and cake with Royston Mayor Ben Lewis?
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Royston is inviting people living in the town to a charity tea party.
Ben Lewis is asking people to join him next Saturday, January 23, at the Market Hill Rooms in Fish Hill in aid of Home-Start Royston and South Cambridgeshire and the Mayor’s Community Trust Fund.
Expect a craft table and face painting at the popular Snowflake Tea Party which runs from 10am until 12.30pm.
Ben said: “Cake is a great way to entice people into donating to a worthy charity. Who knows...maybe I might even bake something!”
The event will support the Home-Start Snowflake Appeal.
You may also want to watch:
As part of the challenge, people are invited to post a snowflake-themed photo, face-painting or a snowflake cake on Facebook and nominate three friends to do the same. Text SNOW26 £3 to mobile number 70070 to donate £3 or more.
The idea behind the campaign is that each family is as unique and fragile as a snowflake.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 6 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
Home-Start volunteers support families through times of difficulty, but has been finding it hard to make ends meet since a major reduction in funding from Herts County Council last year.