Family receives holiday refund
A YOUNG family from Royston will be going on holiday after all. Jemma Packer, 23, and her partner, Jamie Paterson, 23, of Scott Close, booked a non-existent holiday to Spain with www.unbeatableholidays.com They have now been refunded the cost. Their credi
A YOUNG family from Royston will be going on holiday after all.
Jemma Packer, 23, and her partner, Jamie Paterson, 23, of Scott Close, booked a non-existent holiday to Spain with www.unbeatableholidays.com
They have now been refunded the cost.
Their credit card company refunded £365 after the couple proved the travel company was bogus.
You may also want to watch:
They will being taking their 18-month-old son, Jack, to Salou in Spain today (Thursday) for a seven-night break.
Jemma said: "We have learned our lesson. We checked the company out before booking and with Teletext you are covered.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
"We are still looking forward to the holiday, but the problems we have had is still in the back of our minds and it's taken a bit of the excitement away from the holiday."
She added: "It will, however, be nice to get away from all the hassle we have experienced.