Family of Rose Polge thank community for help and kinds words as search continues for Melbourn doctor
- Credit: Archant
The family of a missing junior doctor who grew up in Melbourn have thanked people for their ‘help, hope and kind words’ since she went missing in Torquay on Friday.
The doctor’s car was discovered near Anstey’s Cove, and a hoodie was found on Sunday night.
The family of the 25-year-old issued a statement saying: “The support we have received from family and friends has been much appreciated, and clearly Rose is loved far and wide.
“We are overwhelmed by the support from her friends and colleagues, dozens of whom have been combing the Devon coast in search of Rose.
“As the search continues we would appreciate some privacy from the press in our time of distress. This request extends to our family, friends and acquaintances who are being questioned by the media.
You may also want to watch:
“When the time is appropriate we will make a further statement to the press and public – thank you.”
If you have seen Rose or have any information that could help police with their enquiries, call Devon and Cornwall police on 101 quoting log 704 for the 15th February.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm