Family fun run officially launched
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY has officially launched a family fun day and run to be held in June.
The Garden House Hospice, which provides support to those with terminal illnesses in the Royston area, will hold a 5k run and fun run at Fairlands Valley Park, Stevenage, on June 9.
The event is open to the serious club runner and to families who just want to wear fancy dress and walk the course.
Jo Wiffen, community fundraiser at the hospice, said: “The event is not just a run – it’s a family fun day with attractions. There will be a climbing wall, obstacle course, bouncy castle, games, face painting, tombola and a variety of stalls.”
She added: “We hope the fun runners will all wear fancy dress – the madder, the better – and enter into the family fun spirit of this new annual event.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be trophies and prizes to be won and medals for all finishers of the run.
To find out more call Jo Wiffen on 01462 679540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ghhospice.co.uk
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 5 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn