Family fun run officially launched
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY has officially launched a family fun day and run to be held in June.
The Garden House Hospice, which provides support to those with terminal illnesses in the Royston area, will hold a 5k run and fun run at Fairlands Valley Park, Stevenage, on June 9.
The event is open to the serious club runner and to families who just want to wear fancy dress and walk the course.
Jo Wiffen, community fundraiser at the hospice, said: “The event is not just a run – it’s a family fun day with attractions. There will be a climbing wall, obstacle course, bouncy castle, games, face painting, tombola and a variety of stalls.”
She added: “We hope the fun runners will all wear fancy dress – the madder, the better – and enter into the family fun spirit of this new annual event.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be trophies and prizes to be won and medals for all finishers of the run.
To find out more call Jo Wiffen on 01462 679540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ghhospice.co.uk
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'