Family fun run officially launched
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY has officially launched a family fun day and run to be held in June.
The Garden House Hospice, which provides support to those with terminal illnesses in the Royston area, will hold a 5k run and fun run at Fairlands Valley Park, Stevenage, on June 9.
The event is open to the serious club runner and to families who just want to wear fancy dress and walk the course.
Jo Wiffen, community fundraiser at the hospice, said: “The event is not just a run – it’s a family fun day with attractions. There will be a climbing wall, obstacle course, bouncy castle, games, face painting, tombola and a variety of stalls.”
She added: “We hope the fun runners will all wear fancy dress – the madder, the better – and enter into the family fun spirit of this new annual event.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be trophies and prizes to be won and medals for all finishers of the run.
To find out more call Jo Wiffen on 01462 679540 or email email@example.com or visit www.ghhospice.co.uk
- 1 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak