Family fun run officially launched
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY has officially launched a family fun day and run to be held in June.
The Garden House Hospice, which provides support to those with terminal illnesses in the Royston area, will hold a 5k run and fun run at Fairlands Valley Park, Stevenage, on June 9.
The event is open to the serious club runner and to families who just want to wear fancy dress and walk the course.
Jo Wiffen, community fundraiser at the hospice, said: “The event is not just a run – it’s a family fun day with attractions. There will be a climbing wall, obstacle course, bouncy castle, games, face painting, tombola and a variety of stalls.”
She added: “We hope the fun runners will all wear fancy dress – the madder, the better – and enter into the family fun spirit of this new annual event.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be trophies and prizes to be won and medals for all finishers of the run.
To find out more call Jo Wiffen on 01462 679540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ghhospice.co.uk
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash