Families charity opens new base
HOME-START Royston and South Cambridgeshire opened the doors of its new headquarters in Meldreth last weekend. The charity, which assists young families, welcomed trustees and friends for an open day last Friday. On Saturday, the families who will be usi
HOME-START Royston and South Cambridgeshire opened the doors of its new headquarters in Meldreth last weekend.
The charity, which assists young families, welcomed trustees and friends for an open day last Friday.
On Saturday, the families who will be using the centre attended the official opening ceremony, which was performed by Cllr Alan Land, chairman of Meldreth Parish Council.
A spokesman for Home-start said: "The aim of the weekend was to let the people of Meldreth know that we're here, and to show the new facilities that we have.
You may also want to watch:
"This building not only gives us more office space, but also makes it easier for us to hold confidential meetings.
"I think everyone was very impressed and we had lots of positive comments."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
While their parents were shown around the new building, children visiting the centre enjoyed activities such as reading and colouring.
The spokesman said: "We would love to hear from anyone who lives in Meldreth who would like to get involved with Home-start, either as a volunteer or a trustee."
The charity can be contacted on 01763 262262.