Falklands War tribute in Royston
A SERVICE to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War will be held in Royston on Sunday.
Royal British Legion Royston Branch chairman Chris Murphy has organised the event which will be held in St John the Baptist Church, Melbourn Street, at 3pm.
He said: “This year is the 30th anniversary, the Falklands conflict had finished by now but the troops did not come back until October. For the troops it is not over until they get back on home soil.
“There were a lot of other services commemorating the Falklands and we didn’t want to vie with other services held earlier this year.”
Major Jack Smith, who served in a parachute regiment, will be retelling his experiences of fighting in the 1982 war and other veterans from Royston are expected to attend.
You may also want to watch:
All are welcome.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 7 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 8 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 9 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 10 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event