Falklands War tribute in Royston
A SERVICE to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Falklands War will be held in Royston on Sunday.
Royal British Legion Royston Branch chairman Chris Murphy has organised the event which will be held in St John the Baptist Church, Melbourn Street, at 3pm.
He said: “This year is the 30th anniversary, the Falklands conflict had finished by now but the troops did not come back until October. For the troops it is not over until they get back on home soil.
“There were a lot of other services commemorating the Falklands and we didn’t want to vie with other services held earlier this year.”
Major Jack Smith, who served in a parachute regiment, will be retelling his experiences of fighting in the 1982 war and other veterans from Royston are expected to attend.
You may also want to watch:
All are welcome.
- 1 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 3 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 4 Reed cricket players show prominently after production of Herts Cricket League averages for 2020 season
- 5 New infection control method at college to give 'peace of mind'
- 6 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
- 7 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 8 COVID-19 figures in South Cambs fall and rise in North Herts
- 9 More supermarkets say customers without masks will be refused entry
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown