Explorer Michael cooks up a new charity challenge
POLAR explorer Michael McGrath has flexed his culinary muscles on BBC2 s Ready Steady Cook. The Muscular Dystrophy sufferer from Buntingford, who is the only person in the world to have made it on foot to the North Pole and South Pole, put on a green pepp
POLAR explorer Michael McGrath has flexed his culinary muscles on BBC2's Ready Steady Cook.
The Muscular Dystrophy sufferer from Buntingford, who is the only person in the world to have made it on foot to the North Pole and South Pole, put on a green peppers apron and presented celebrity chef Leslie Waters with a bag full of goodies to cook up a culinary storm.
Michael was cooking against chef Paul Rankin and fellow polar explorer and muscular dystrophy sufferer Pen Hadow.
Michael, who has lost some 65 per cent of his muscle bulk, said: "The show was terrific fun.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great way to raise a little more awareness about this cruel and unforgiving disease that robs sufferers of their independence, mobility and for those with the most severe form, predominantly children, their lives.
"It's said that time waits for no one; that's why I'm a man on a mission, recruiting globally for muscle champions in ultimately helping to sell life and hope."
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Michael's charity, The Muscular Help Foundation, provides memorable experiences to an individual with a neuromuscular disease such as muscular dystrophy to live a dream or a cherished ambition.
While on the set of Ready Steady Cook, three youngsters with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy did just that and watched the filming of the show before meeting the chefs.
"Ainsley Harriott was fantastic with the three Muscle Dream recipients," said Michael.
Tune into Ready Steady Cook on Tuesday, February 6 at 4.30pm on BBC2 to see Michael challenge Leslie Waters.
- If an individual or company would like to sponsor a Muscle Dream or make a donation visit www.musclehelp.com