Explorer Michael cooks up a new charity challenge
POLAR explorer Michael McGrath has flexed his culinary muscles on BBC2 s Ready Steady Cook. The Muscular Dystrophy sufferer from Buntingford, who is the only person in the world to have made it on foot to the North Pole and South Pole, put on a green pepp
POLAR explorer Michael McGrath has flexed his culinary muscles on BBC2's Ready Steady Cook.
The Muscular Dystrophy sufferer from Buntingford, who is the only person in the world to have made it on foot to the North Pole and South Pole, put on a green peppers apron and presented celebrity chef Leslie Waters with a bag full of goodies to cook up a culinary storm.
Michael was cooking against chef Paul Rankin and fellow polar explorer and muscular dystrophy sufferer Pen Hadow.
Michael, who has lost some 65 per cent of his muscle bulk, said: "The show was terrific fun.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a great way to raise a little more awareness about this cruel and unforgiving disease that robs sufferers of their independence, mobility and for those with the most severe form, predominantly children, their lives.
"It's said that time waits for no one; that's why I'm a man on a mission, recruiting globally for muscle champions in ultimately helping to sell life and hope."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
Michael's charity, The Muscular Help Foundation, provides memorable experiences to an individual with a neuromuscular disease such as muscular dystrophy to live a dream or a cherished ambition.
While on the set of Ready Steady Cook, three youngsters with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy did just that and watched the filming of the show before meeting the chefs.
"Ainsley Harriott was fantastic with the three Muscle Dream recipients," said Michael.
Tune into Ready Steady Cook on Tuesday, February 6 at 4.30pm on BBC2 to see Michael challenge Leslie Waters.
- If an individual or company would like to sponsor a Muscle Dream or make a donation visit www.musclehelp.com