Experts to revisit crossing proposal
A SCHEME to provide a crossing near to the Tesco roundabout in Royston has been shelved. But Herts Highways insists that it will be re-visiting the proposal. The original idea was to provide a Puffin crossing near to the roundabout at the Tesco store at
A SCHEME to provide a crossing near to the Tesco roundabout in Royston has been shelved.
But Herts Highways insists that it will be "re-visiting" the proposal.
The original idea was to provide a Puffin crossing near to the roundabout at the Tesco store at Old North Road.
But safety concerns have been raised about the location and now the county council's transport experts are having a second look at the scheme.
In a letter to Royston Town Council, Herts Highways said: "It has become apparent that the original proposals for the crossing has raised concerns."
Herts Highways said it was its intention to draw-up an "alternative solution".
- 1 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 2 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 3 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 7 Royston Photographic Society announces latest competition winners
- 8 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 9 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 10 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
The letter continued: "We feel that to continue with the initial proposal would not be in the best interest of the wider community.
"The decision has been taken to revisit these proposals."
Herts Highways said that once it has a scheme for the area then it will undertake a consultation exercise.
A spokesman for Herts County Council said the problem revolved around the location of the crossing and concerns over safety.