Experience Wimpole after dark
- Credit: Archant
Visitors will get the chance to see an historic Cambridgeshire estate in a whole new light at an ‘after dark’ event on Saturday evening.
Wimpole Hall and its rolling acres will be coming alive as evening visitors make the most of the rare chance to sample what’s on offer.
There will be a guided night tour of the house, a night walk to the Folly, storytelling in the glasshouse in the walled garden, and live jazz band The Accidentalists playing in front of the Old Rectory Restaurant.
The Wimpole Night Run, part of the after dark programme, is an event set up by the National Trust to encourage people to use the property in a new way, and to experience something totally different.
People can walk, jog, or run around one of two courses and enjoy the unusual experience of pacing around the parkland after dark.
Sport development officer John Harris said: “We are really excited about this year’s event, the second time we’ve held it at Wimpole, and it has already sold out with 500 runners signed up.
“Their trail of head torches at the start is quite a sight.”
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 6 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
There are two courses – The Explorer is a 2km run perfect for families or groups, while The Aventurer covers a longer 7km distance with runners tackling a course around the whole of the estate.
All finishers receive a glow in the dark medal and after the run there will be hot food and drink available.
Saturday’s event will run from 5.45pm to 9.30pm, and booking is essential – call 0844 2491895 for details.
And to find out what else Wimpole has to offer for visitors, take a look onlkine at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events.