Experience Wimpole after dark
- Credit: Archant
Visitors will get the chance to see an historic Cambridgeshire estate in a whole new light at an ‘after dark’ event on Saturday evening.
Wimpole Hall and its rolling acres will be coming alive as evening visitors make the most of the rare chance to sample what’s on offer.
There will be a guided night tour of the house, a night walk to the Folly, storytelling in the glasshouse in the walled garden, and live jazz band The Accidentalists playing in front of the Old Rectory Restaurant.
The Wimpole Night Run, part of the after dark programme, is an event set up by the National Trust to encourage people to use the property in a new way, and to experience something totally different.
People can walk, jog, or run around one of two courses and enjoy the unusual experience of pacing around the parkland after dark.
You may also want to watch:
Sport development officer John Harris said: “We are really excited about this year’s event, the second time we’ve held it at Wimpole, and it has already sold out with 500 runners signed up.
“Their trail of head torches at the start is quite a sight.”
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
There are two courses – The Explorer is a 2km run perfect for families or groups, while The Aventurer covers a longer 7km distance with runners tackling a course around the whole of the estate.
All finishers receive a glow in the dark medal and after the run there will be hot food and drink available.
Saturday’s event will run from 5.45pm to 9.30pm, and booking is essential – call 0844 2491895 for details.
And to find out what else Wimpole has to offer for visitors, take a look onlkine at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/events.