Exhibition displaying Melbourn home plans is a hit - but still no sign of developers
PUBLISHED: 08:32 30 January 2015
The organiser of a public exhibition revealing a developer's plans to build just under 200 homes and a 75 bed care home in Melbourn said he's pleased with the interest generated by the public.
Melbourn parish councillor Jose Hales decided to host the exhibition in the Melbourn Hub at the weekend after developers Endurance Estates refused the parish council’s request to stage an exhibition outlining details of their proposal.
Jose said: “We showcased the plans on Saturday and Sunday. Around 500 people came down to the hub to show support and take part. A lot of them were quite shocked by the actions of the developers and their lack of social responsibility.
“They were shocked that the parish council had to spent money on the exhibition instead of Endurance Estates. People were very grateful for the parish council from what I can gather. At the end they were asking how they could write to the planning officer.”
A spokesman for Sharpe Communications, on behalf of Endurance Estates, said they refused to hold an exhibition themselves as they had already sent out leaflets to each home in Melbourn asking for feedback, which, they said exeeded the ‘level of pre-application consultation required’.