Exhibition celebrates society’s anniversary
ESTABLISHED artists from the area launched the Cambridge Drawing Society s 125th anniversary exhibition on Friday. Paintings, drawings, prints, and sculpture were on display at the exhibition at the Cambridge Guildhall, including etchings by former member
ESTABLISHED artists from the area launched the Cambridge Drawing Society's 125th anniversary exhibition on Friday.
Paintings, drawings, prints, and sculpture were on display at the exhibition at the Cambridge Guildhall, including etchings by former members Gwen Raverat and Ronald Searle.
Society spokeswoman Rachel Haynes of Bassingbourn, who exhibited two paintings inspired by her trip to New Zealand, said: "The preview evening showed that although the society is 125 years old, it is still going strong.
"Business was brisk at the preview and we anticipate record sales this year."
You may also want to watch:
Other artists who are exhibiting their work in the week-long exhibition include Ros Ridley of Meldreth and Anthony Hopkinson of Melbourn.
Mary James of Royston who has been painting for the past 20 years, is also exhibiting her work.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
The exhibition will run until Saturday, closing at 4pm.
It is open daily from 10am-5.30pm.