Exhibition celebrates society’s anniversary
ESTABLISHED artists from the area launched the Cambridge Drawing Society s 125th anniversary exhibition on Friday. Paintings, drawings, prints, and sculpture were on display at the exhibition at the Cambridge Guildhall, including etchings by former member
ESTABLISHED artists from the area launched the Cambridge Drawing Society's 125th anniversary exhibition on Friday.
Paintings, drawings, prints, and sculpture were on display at the exhibition at the Cambridge Guildhall, including etchings by former members Gwen Raverat and Ronald Searle.
Society spokeswoman Rachel Haynes of Bassingbourn, who exhibited two paintings inspired by her trip to New Zealand, said: "The preview evening showed that although the society is 125 years old, it is still going strong.
"Business was brisk at the preview and we anticipate record sales this year."
You may also want to watch:
Other artists who are exhibiting their work in the week-long exhibition include Ros Ridley of Meldreth and Anthony Hopkinson of Melbourn.
Mary James of Royston who has been painting for the past 20 years, is also exhibiting her work.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The exhibition will run until Saturday, closing at 4pm.
It is open daily from 10am-5.30pm.