‘Exactly how you’d want to spend a summer’s day’ – Organisers delighted with success of Meldreth Fete
- Credit: Clive Porter
The organiser of this weekend’s Meldreth Fete said the event went so well she couldn’t have asked for more.
Jane Remnant who organised the fete at Holy Trinity Parish Church with her husband Richard, said it was very well attended with plenty of family-friendly fun.
Mrs Remnant told the Crow: “It went absolutely brilliantly.
“We appealed to young families with children and that’s what we got, they had an absolute whale of a time.
“The feedback we’ve had has been fantastic, someone said if you can imagine a summer’s day this is exactly how you’d want to spend it.
You may also want to watch:
“We had people come from much further than Meldreth. We were hoping to have an inclusive village event, not just people from the church, and we had people come along who hadn’t been to the churchyard before, so that was very nice.”
As well an auction, raffle, music and other entertainment, South Cambs MP Heidi Allen went along for a tug-of-war match with Melbourn and Bassingbourn county councillor Susan van de Ven.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
Mrs Remnant added: “We had a team of female politicians, versus a men’s team, but Heidi Allen’s husband Phil helped the ladies out, and they were on a downhill slope so they won – it was great fun.
“After the 4pm closing time, we had families still enjoying themselves – you can’t want for any more than that!” Mrs Remnant is looking for young people to join the fete committee to help with next year’s event – call 07702 632051 to find out more.