Ex-Blue Peter and Dancing on Ice star Zoe Salmon and swimmer Duncan Goodhew launch swimathon
SWIMMERS are being urged to make a splash by signing up to a charity swimathon. The event, which takes place at Royston Leisure Centre in April, is to raise cash for Marie Curie Cancer care and the Swimathon Foundation. Nick Ross, duty manager at Royston
SWIMMERS are being urged to make a splash by signing up to a charity swimathon.
The event, which takes place at Royston Leisure Centre in April, is to raise cash for Marie Curie Cancer care and the Swimathon Foundation.
Nick Ross, duty manager at Royston Leisure Centre, said: "It's going to be fantastic to see everybody in our community taking part and fundraising for Marie Curie Cancer Care to enable terminally ill patients to have the best possible end of life care."
More than 500 pools are taking part in the nationwide initiative, which was launched this week by television personality Zoe Salmon and former Olympic swimmer Duncan Goodhew.
You may also want to watch:
Former Blue Peter presenter and Dancing on Ice star Zoe said: "I've always found swimming a really good way to keep in shape. Everyone needs a challenge now and again, especially to keep motivated during the cold winter months."
The swimathon will be held over three days, from April 15 - April 18, and is open to anyone. Competitors can get involved either individually or as part of a team.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 5 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 10 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
To enter visit www.swimathon.org.