‘Everyone who took part thoroughly enjoyed themselves’ – Royston’s Trinity Life Church members have a ball with Cinderella show
- Credit: Graham Jones
A small group from Trinity Life Church held a tea and cakes fundraising event at Royston’s Market Hill Rooms on Saturday afternoon – complete with entertainment to raise cash for their building fund.
The show was an alternative version of children’s classic, Cinderella.
Graham Jones said: “The audience were appreciative – oh yes they were! – Cinders is now training to be a jockey at Newmarket stables and the prince is married to both ugly sisters!”
The performances ranged in ages, but everyone was said to have had a great time.
Gill Gutteridge, the show’s own Baroness Hardup, told the Crow: “Rehearsals were few, put everyone gave a polished performance.
“Everyone who took part thoroughly enjoyed themselves – both young and old.”
In October last year the church held a concert with Herts-native and former Britain’s Got Talent teenage sensation Gabz as their headline act.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 6 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
- 7 Fast and frenetic racing as Cycle Club Ashwell shine at grass track cycling meet
- 8 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 9 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
So what’s next for the group? Gill said: “Watch this space!”
Trinity Life Church currently meet on Sundays at Royston Town Hall. To donate to its building fund, see www.tlcroyston.org.uk.