‘Everyone who took part thoroughly enjoyed themselves’ – Royston’s Trinity Life Church members have a ball with Cinderella show
- Credit: Graham Jones
A small group from Trinity Life Church held a tea and cakes fundraising event at Royston’s Market Hill Rooms on Saturday afternoon – complete with entertainment to raise cash for their building fund.
The show was an alternative version of children’s classic, Cinderella.
Graham Jones said: “The audience were appreciative – oh yes they were! – Cinders is now training to be a jockey at Newmarket stables and the prince is married to both ugly sisters!”
The performances ranged in ages, but everyone was said to have had a great time.
Gill Gutteridge, the show’s own Baroness Hardup, told the Crow: “Rehearsals were few, put everyone gave a polished performance.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone who took part thoroughly enjoyed themselves – both young and old.”
In October last year the church held a concert with Herts-native and former Britain’s Got Talent teenage sensation Gabz as their headline act.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
So what’s next for the group? Gill said: “Watch this space!”
Trinity Life Church currently meet on Sundays at Royston Town Hall. To donate to its building fund, see www.tlcroyston.org.uk.