Estate agent awards young artists
A ROYSTON estate agent rewarded architects of the future last week.
Briggs and Mortimer in Market Hill asked pupils of St Mary’s School, Melbourn Road, to have a go at drawing their homes.
A winner was chosen from each year group, with the overall winner’s prize going to year five’s Hope.
In second place was Stefan from the nursery, with Alicia in year three coming third. The other winners were Oliver of year 6, Tilly of year 4, Malachy of year 1 and Ismaele of year 2.
Headteacher Robert Dunbar said: “The children all did these at home, and there were 120 entrants overall. Its very important for the children to be engaged in activities that effect the real world, as well as being creative.”
You may also want to watch:
The photos will be on display in the window of Briggs and Mortimer.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation