Enjoy riverside – and help restore it
AN open day with the chance to enjoy a collection of snowdrops and hellebores will be raising funds for a group dedicated to restoring a river. Margaret and Terry Lynch have invited people to visit Bury Farm in Meldreth to help raise cash for the River M
AN open day with the chance to enjoy a collection of snowdrops and hellebores will be raising funds for a group dedicated to restoring a river.
Margaret and Terry Lynch have invited people to visit Bury Farm in Meldreth to help raise cash for the River Mel Restoration Group.
The group was set up in 2006 to conserve the river which rises in Melbourn, and flows through Meldreth before meeting the River Cam.
Volunteers have been working with scientists from the Environment Agency and Kingston University to improve the river and help the animals, fish and birds that live around and in it.
You may also want to watch:
Every six weeks, a Saturday morning working party don their waders and work in the river.
The open day at Bury Farm, 42 North End in Meldreth will be held on February 10, from 11am-4pm.
- 1 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
There will be guided walks along the river at 11am and 2pm.
The cost of the open day will be £3.50 for adults, while children go free.
Anyone who would like further information about the event should contact Margaret Lynch on 01763 260475 or email Margaret.firstname.lastname@example.org