Enjoy riverside – and help restore it
AN open day with the chance to enjoy a collection of snowdrops and hellebores will be raising funds for a group dedicated to restoring a river. Margaret and Terry Lynch have invited people to visit Bury Farm in Meldreth to help raise cash for the River M
AN open day with the chance to enjoy a collection of snowdrops and hellebores will be raising funds for a group dedicated to restoring a river.
Margaret and Terry Lynch have invited people to visit Bury Farm in Meldreth to help raise cash for the River Mel Restoration Group.
The group was set up in 2006 to conserve the river which rises in Melbourn, and flows through Meldreth before meeting the River Cam.
Volunteers have been working with scientists from the Environment Agency and Kingston University to improve the river and help the animals, fish and birds that live around and in it.
You may also want to watch:
Every six weeks, a Saturday morning working party don their waders and work in the river.
The open day at Bury Farm, 42 North End in Meldreth will be held on February 10, from 11am-4pm.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
There will be guided walks along the river at 11am and 2pm.
The cost of the open day will be £3.50 for adults, while children go free.
Anyone who would like further information about the event should contact Margaret Lynch on 01763 260475 or email Margaret.firstname.lastname@example.org