England British Lions Rugby star Jeremy Guscott comes to village pub
RUGBY star Jeremy Guscott dropped in at a Crow Country pub to show his support for a fund-raising initiative. Former England international and British Lion Guscott was guest of honour at a Gentlemans Evening at the Waggon and Horses in Steeple Morden. The
RUGBY star Jeremy Guscott dropped in at a Crow Country pub to show his support for a fund-raising initiative.
Former England international and British Lion Guscott was guest of honour at a Gentlemans Evening at the Waggon and Horses in Steeple Morden.
The evening was held as part of the Waggon Challenge appeal, which is raising cash for the Leukeamia Research charity on behalf of the Parr family in Steeple Morden, whose daughter Charlotte, four, is battling the disease.
Landlady of the Wagon and Horses, Sandra Lloyd, said: "After hearing of Charlottes story whilst speaking at another charity event, Jeremy was only too happy to help and took time out of his busy schedule to come and attend the evening, which raised another �2,000 towards our goal of �20,000".
You may also want to watch:
So far �6,000 has been raised, and pub regulars have other events in the pipeline, including an attempt at the three peaks challenge which will take place in June. To donate to the appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/waggonchallenge
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'