England British Lions Rugby star Jeremy Guscott comes to village pub
RUGBY star Jeremy Guscott dropped in at a Crow Country pub to show his support for a fund-raising initiative. Former England international and British Lion Guscott was guest of honour at a Gentlemans Evening at the Waggon and Horses in Steeple Morden. The
RUGBY star Jeremy Guscott dropped in at a Crow Country pub to show his support for a fund-raising initiative.
Former England international and British Lion Guscott was guest of honour at a Gentlemans Evening at the Waggon and Horses in Steeple Morden.
The evening was held as part of the Waggon Challenge appeal, which is raising cash for the Leukeamia Research charity on behalf of the Parr family in Steeple Morden, whose daughter Charlotte, four, is battling the disease.
Landlady of the Wagon and Horses, Sandra Lloyd, said: "After hearing of Charlottes story whilst speaking at another charity event, Jeremy was only too happy to help and took time out of his busy schedule to come and attend the evening, which raised another �2,000 towards our goal of �20,000".
You may also want to watch:
So far �6,000 has been raised, and pub regulars have other events in the pipeline, including an attempt at the three peaks challenge which will take place in June. To donate to the appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/waggonchallenge
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?