England British Lions Rugby star Jeremy Guscott comes to village pub
RUGBY star Jeremy Guscott dropped in at a Crow Country pub to show his support for a fund-raising initiative. Former England international and British Lion Guscott was guest of honour at a Gentlemans Evening at the Waggon and Horses in Steeple Morden. The
RUGBY star Jeremy Guscott dropped in at a Crow Country pub to show his support for a fund-raising initiative.
Former England international and British Lion Guscott was guest of honour at a Gentlemans Evening at the Waggon and Horses in Steeple Morden.
The evening was held as part of the Waggon Challenge appeal, which is raising cash for the Leukeamia Research charity on behalf of the Parr family in Steeple Morden, whose daughter Charlotte, four, is battling the disease.
Landlady of the Wagon and Horses, Sandra Lloyd, said: "After hearing of Charlottes story whilst speaking at another charity event, Jeremy was only too happy to help and took time out of his busy schedule to come and attend the evening, which raised another �2,000 towards our goal of �20,000".
You may also want to watch:
So far �6,000 has been raised, and pub regulars have other events in the pipeline, including an attempt at the three peaks challenge which will take place in June. To donate to the appeal, visit www.justgiving.com/waggonchallenge
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy