Encouraged to take a walk on the wild side
A GROUP in Buntingford is producing a footpath map to encourage people to walk in the countryside. The Parish Paths Partnership (PPP), a scheme set up by Herts County Council to monitor footpaths in the town, says it wants people to appreciate the country
A GROUP in Buntingford is producing a footpath map to encourage people to walk in the countryside.
The Parish Paths Partnership (PPP), a scheme set up by Herts County Council to monitor footpaths in the town, says it wants people to appreciate the countryside more.
Bob Jackson, a member of the partnership who is producing the map, said: "We want to promote the network of paths and
bridleways in the area."
You may also want to watch:
The colour leaflet and map will include information on wildlife and nature in the area as well as water-colour drawings of birds, flowers and animals that people may see on a walk around Buntingford.
There are also suggested circular walks which range in length.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Mr Jackson began producing the map towards the end of 2005 and it is expected to be ready for its launch on July 17.
Members of the partnership include Buntingford deputy mayor Cllr Jean Cook.
The group has met twice-a-month, walked the various paths and has put in waymark posts, reported missing signs and cut back bushes.
A mock-up of the map will be on display at the Buntingford Carnival on June 24.