Electricity line fault in Bassingbourn and surrounding area leaves school and homes without power
- Credit: Archant
Many homes and the primary school in Bassingbourn are currently without power after a fault in an overhead electricity line.
According to UK Power Networks the power cut was first reported just after 4am this morning and they are now investigating a “high voltage overhead electricity line fault”.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: “The fault in the SG8 area is in our overhead network.
“We’re aware that it is now impacting 55 customers.
“We’ve got engineers on site and our current estimated time for restoration of power is 11.30am.”
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused you.”
As well as Bassingbourn, effects may also be felt in Litlington, Guilden Morden, Wendy and surrounding areas.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
Bassingbourn Primary School tweeted this morning: “Dear all parents! There is a lack of power in the village which has caused the school to be without power, we are also without phone lines.”
“We are waiting for it to be fixed but still business as usual! Board games!”