Electricity line fault in Bassingbourn and surrounding area leaves school and homes without power
- Credit: Archant
Many homes and the primary school in Bassingbourn are currently without power after a fault in an overhead electricity line.
According to UK Power Networks the power cut was first reported just after 4am this morning and they are now investigating a “high voltage overhead electricity line fault”.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: “The fault in the SG8 area is in our overhead network.
“We’re aware that it is now impacting 55 customers.
“We’ve got engineers on site and our current estimated time for restoration of power is 11.30am.”
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused you.”
As well as Bassingbourn, effects may also be felt in Litlington, Guilden Morden, Wendy and surrounding areas.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
Bassingbourn Primary School tweeted this morning: “Dear all parents! There is a lack of power in the village which has caused the school to be without power, we are also without phone lines.”
“We are waiting for it to be fixed but still business as usual! Board games!”