Electricity line fault in Bassingbourn and surrounding area leaves school and homes without power
- Credit: Archant
Many homes and the primary school in Bassingbourn are currently without power after a fault in an overhead electricity line.
According to UK Power Networks the power cut was first reported just after 4am this morning and they are now investigating a “high voltage overhead electricity line fault”.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: “The fault in the SG8 area is in our overhead network.
“We’re aware that it is now impacting 55 customers.
“We’ve got engineers on site and our current estimated time for restoration of power is 11.30am.”
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused you.”
As well as Bassingbourn, effects may also be felt in Litlington, Guilden Morden, Wendy and surrounding areas.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 6 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
Bassingbourn Primary School tweeted this morning: “Dear all parents! There is a lack of power in the village which has caused the school to be without power, we are also without phone lines.”
“We are waiting for it to be fixed but still business as usual! Board games!”