Elections 2015: ‘Use your vote’ plea as polling stations set to open in North Herts and South Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
‘Just vote’ is the message to the public from a man with a busy night ahead as the general and local elections are decided.
Polling stations open in a few minutes’ time – at 7am – and will remain so until 10pm tonight as voters will help determine who will hold the power at national and local levels of democracy.
And the returning officer which will oversee a count in North Herts is urging those who are registered to vote to make use of their democratic right.
North Herts District Council’s chief executive David Scholes was keen to stress the need for people to exercise their right to vote while reminding voters that seats on the district council, as well as in the House of Commons, are at stake.
He said: “We hope that there will be a good turnout at the polls today and that if you have requested a postal vote that these have been returned in good time.
“It is important to have your say and vote in both local and national elections.”
The Crow will have reporters at the heart of the action, posting results online as they are confirmed in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
- 1 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 4 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 9 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 10 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
Local elections counts for North Herts District Council and South Cambs District Council take place tomorrow afternoon – visit our website for the results as they come in.
• To find your nearest polling station, candidate profiles and the latest results click on the link to our dedicated election section.