Elections 2015: ‘Use your vote’ plea as polling stations set to open in North Herts and South Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
‘Just vote’ is the message to the public from a man with a busy night ahead as the general and local elections are decided.
Polling stations open in a few minutes’ time – at 7am – and will remain so until 10pm tonight as voters will help determine who will hold the power at national and local levels of democracy.
And the returning officer which will oversee a count in North Herts is urging those who are registered to vote to make use of their democratic right.
North Herts District Council’s chief executive David Scholes was keen to stress the need for people to exercise their right to vote while reminding voters that seats on the district council, as well as in the House of Commons, are at stake.
He said: “We hope that there will be a good turnout at the polls today and that if you have requested a postal vote that these have been returned in good time.
You may also want to watch:
“It is important to have your say and vote in both local and national elections.”
The Crow will have reporters at the heart of the action, posting results online as they are confirmed in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
Local elections counts for North Herts District Council and South Cambs District Council take place tomorrow afternoon – visit our website for the results as they come in.
• To find your nearest polling station, candidate profiles and the latest results click on the link to our dedicated election section.