Election 2017: All you need to know about General Election results in North East Herts and South Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Election day is almost upon us and on Thursday you will be voting to choose your next MP – and the next government of the United Kingdom.
If you haven’t applied for a postal vote, you will have been sent details of your local polling station on your polling card and should go along to place your vote sometime between 7am and 10pm, when the polling stations close.
If you are in any doubt who to vote for, you can see profiles of the candidates and their policies by clicking on the ‘Election 2017’ tab.
The first indication of results will come in the form of an exit poll.
This is created by Ipsos MORI which will do surveys of voters leaving polling stations.
You may also want to watch:
It will publish the poll for BBC and Sky News the moment the polling stations close at 10pm.
The time results are declared can depend on a number of factors, but for North East Herts it’s estimated to be 3am and for South Cambs, the estimated time is said to be slightly later at 3.30am.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
Some constituencies will still be counting votes well into Friday.
Check back to royston-crow.co.uk for results as they come in.
Meanwhile if you are unsure who to vote for, take part in our quiz which might help you decide which party is on your side.