Eleanor is voice of county
A TEENAGER from Buntingford has proved she has a golden voice after winning a county-wide competition. Eighteen-year-old Eleanor Hibberd came out on top at the gala final of The Voice of Hertfordshire competition where she beat off seven other finalists.
A TEENAGER from Buntingford has proved she has a golden voice after winning a county-wide competition.
Eighteen-year-old Eleanor Hibberd came out on top at the gala final of The Voice of Hertfordshire competition where she beat off seven other finalists.
Eleanor, an ex-Freman College pupil, said: "I was really surprised to win. I really didn't think that I had.
"I was delighted, I'd worked so hard for it."
You may also want to watch:
More than 100 young people applied for the competition and after auditions in November, Eleanor was one of eight to make it through to the final.
Eleanor sang Come Sing and Dance by Herbert Howells and the aria Batti, Batti O Bel Masetto from Mozart's Don Giovanni to win the competition.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
In September, Eleanor, who lives in the High Street, will begin a four year course at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
"Hopefully I will make music my career," she said.
Eleanor has just returned from performing with the Rodolsus Choir at Eton College Chapel and was featured on BBC Radio 3 where she also sang a solo.
The Voice of Hertfordshire competition is organised by the county charity Enhance Herts which provides benefits for the county's hospitals and their patients.