Eleanor is voice of county
A TEENAGER from Buntingford has proved she has a golden voice after winning a county-wide competition. Eighteen-year-old Eleanor Hibberd came out on top at the gala final of The Voice of Hertfordshire competition where she beat off seven other finalists.
A TEENAGER from Buntingford has proved she has a golden voice after winning a county-wide competition.
Eighteen-year-old Eleanor Hibberd came out on top at the gala final of The Voice of Hertfordshire competition where she beat off seven other finalists.
Eleanor, an ex-Freman College pupil, said: "I was really surprised to win. I really didn't think that I had.
"I was delighted, I'd worked so hard for it."
You may also want to watch:
More than 100 young people applied for the competition and after auditions in November, Eleanor was one of eight to make it through to the final.
Eleanor sang Come Sing and Dance by Herbert Howells and the aria Batti, Batti O Bel Masetto from Mozart's Don Giovanni to win the competition.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
In September, Eleanor, who lives in the High Street, will begin a four year course at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
"Hopefully I will make music my career," she said.
Eleanor has just returned from performing with the Rodolsus Choir at Eton College Chapel and was featured on BBC Radio 3 where she also sang a solo.
The Voice of Hertfordshire competition is organised by the county charity Enhance Herts which provides benefits for the county's hospitals and their patients.