Eleanor is voice of county
A TEENAGER from Buntingford has proved she has a golden voice after winning a county-wide competition. Eighteen-year-old Eleanor Hibberd came out on top at the gala final of The Voice of Hertfordshire competition where she beat off seven other finalists.
A TEENAGER from Buntingford has proved she has a golden voice after winning a county-wide competition.
Eighteen-year-old Eleanor Hibberd came out on top at the gala final of The Voice of Hertfordshire competition where she beat off seven other finalists.
Eleanor, an ex-Freman College pupil, said: "I was really surprised to win. I really didn't think that I had.
"I was delighted, I'd worked so hard for it."
More than 100 young people applied for the competition and after auditions in November, Eleanor was one of eight to make it through to the final.
Eleanor sang Come Sing and Dance by Herbert Howells and the aria Batti, Batti O Bel Masetto from Mozart's Don Giovanni to win the competition.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 7 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 8 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
- 9 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
In September, Eleanor, who lives in the High Street, will begin a four year course at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
"Hopefully I will make music my career," she said.
Eleanor has just returned from performing with the Rodolsus Choir at Eton College Chapel and was featured on BBC Radio 3 where she also sang a solo.
The Voice of Hertfordshire competition is organised by the county charity Enhance Herts which provides benefits for the county's hospitals and their patients.