Eggy bread and hunt the rabbit adds to Easter fun in Royston
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of fun to be had by children in Royston over the weekend, starting off with an Eggy Bread event on Good Friday.
More than 80 people turned up to the bonanza hosted by the Ignite Youth Group and Royston Ignite Community Church, making Easter bonnets and ceramic eggs.
Event organiser Margaret MacCormack said: “It was a really special celebration. The games were great and included roll the stone, egg carpet curling, and a giant egg puzzle.”
The Singing Kettle Cafe provided chocolate goodies, Easter biscuits, and seasonal Simnel cake.
As if that wasn’t enough, Royston First hosted an Easter chocolate trail on Saturday, which saw crowds of young people vying to get their wanted chocolate.
You may also want to watch:
The hunt led parents and children around the town, culminating in a presentation in the Corn Exchange in Market Hill. Lucky winner, eight-year-old Ben McCallum, on an Easter visit to see his granny in Royston, won a 2lb egg for coming first in the trail.
Royston town manager Geraint Burnell said: “We like to do things a bit differently in Royston, so instead of having an Easter egg hunt, we had a bunny hunt instead, where children had to spot the chocolate rabbits in the windows of shops. It was a popular event with 243 people signing up to take part. It was a lovely morning, with the town full of excited children.”
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal