Eggy bread and hunt the rabbit adds to Easter fun in Royston
- Credit: Archant
There was plenty of fun to be had by children in Royston over the weekend, starting off with an Eggy Bread event on Good Friday.
More than 80 people turned up to the bonanza hosted by the Ignite Youth Group and Royston Ignite Community Church, making Easter bonnets and ceramic eggs.
Event organiser Margaret MacCormack said: “It was a really special celebration. The games were great and included roll the stone, egg carpet curling, and a giant egg puzzle.”
The Singing Kettle Cafe provided chocolate goodies, Easter biscuits, and seasonal Simnel cake.
As if that wasn’t enough, Royston First hosted an Easter chocolate trail on Saturday, which saw crowds of young people vying to get their wanted chocolate.
You may also want to watch:
The hunt led parents and children around the town, culminating in a presentation in the Corn Exchange in Market Hill. Lucky winner, eight-year-old Ben McCallum, on an Easter visit to see his granny in Royston, won a 2lb egg for coming first in the trail.
Royston town manager Geraint Burnell said: “We like to do things a bit differently in Royston, so instead of having an Easter egg hunt, we had a bunny hunt instead, where children had to spot the chocolate rabbits in the windows of shops. It was a popular event with 243 people signing up to take part. It was a lovely morning, with the town full of excited children.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event