EE phone users’ signal problems continue in and around Royston as network operator works to resolve tree issues
- Credit: PA
Problems with mobile network signal has blighted customers’ phone use in Royston and surrounding villages for “months” – and operator EE has said the issue is with overgrown trees.
EE say the problem is that the trees are block the line of sight of telephone masts in the area – which affects commuication and is resulting in a loss of signal.
The Crow understands the main problem is with the telephone mast in Newmarket Road, and EE have said they are waiting for permission to lower the treeline.
One phone user told the Crow: “They say it’s been a problem for weeks, and that it’s just Royston, but it’s been about four months – at first you think it’s just the phone so you get on with it, but there is a problem and it’s not getting better.”
An EE spokeswoman said: “We are aware of an ongoing signal issue affecting customers in the Royston area, which is being caused by overgrown trees that are blocking the signal between sites.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re working with the landowners to gain access and trim those trees to restore full service as quickly as possible. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused while we work to fix the problem.”
EE’s next update to customers is expected on Thursday, August 10. The problems are also understood to be affecting some Three customers in the area.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange