Former mayor bows out with honorary black belt at Judo club launch
- Credit: Courtesy of David Chastell
A new judo club has opened in Litlington, with former Royston mayor Rob Inwood kicking things off on opening night.
Councillor Inwood was presented with an honorary black belt at Sukata Judo Academy yesterday evening, by head instructor David Chastell, for his support of local businesses during the pandemic.
David said: "I felt it important to thank Cllr Inwood for all his hard work and dedication during the pandemic.
"During the lockdown, Cllr Inwood was an amazing advocate for local businesses and really tried to support the local community."
He was also given a certificate to celebrate his appointment as an honorary black belt of Sukata Judo Academy after a very successful opening night.
You may also want to watch:
Sukata Judo Academy offers classes for both adults and children. Children's classes will run every Monday at Litlington Recreation Centre.
For more details of classes, contact David on 07932 646860.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia