Former mayor bows out with honorary black belt at Judo club launch
- Credit: Courtesy of David Chastell
A new judo club has opened in Litlington, with former Royston mayor Rob Inwood kicking things off on opening night.
Councillor Inwood was presented with an honorary black belt at Sukata Judo Academy yesterday evening, by head instructor David Chastell, for his support of local businesses during the pandemic.
David said: "I felt it important to thank Cllr Inwood for all his hard work and dedication during the pandemic.
"During the lockdown, Cllr Inwood was an amazing advocate for local businesses and really tried to support the local community."
He was also given a certificate to celebrate his appointment as an honorary black belt of Sukata Judo Academy after a very successful opening night.
You may also want to watch:
Sukata Judo Academy offers classes for both adults and children. Children's classes will run every Monday at Litlington Recreation Centre.
For more details of classes, contact David on 07932 646860.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire