Former mayor bows out with honorary black belt at Judo club launch
- Credit: Courtesy of David Chastell
A new judo club has opened in Litlington, with former Royston mayor Rob Inwood kicking things off on opening night.
Councillor Inwood was presented with an honorary black belt at Sukata Judo Academy yesterday evening, by head instructor David Chastell, for his support of local businesses during the pandemic.
David said: "I felt it important to thank Cllr Inwood for all his hard work and dedication during the pandemic.
"During the lockdown, Cllr Inwood was an amazing advocate for local businesses and really tried to support the local community."
He was also given a certificate to celebrate his appointment as an honorary black belt of Sukata Judo Academy after a very successful opening night.
Sukata Judo Academy offers classes for both adults and children. Children's classes will run every Monday at Litlington Recreation Centre.
For more details of classes, contact David on 07932 646860.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 7 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 8 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre