Education by song
Music specialist Linda Bance, above, is to launch a children s song book. The book, Voiceplay, is designed for children and all those concerned with the care and education of young children in their early years. It aims to allow parents and their young ch
Music specialist Linda Bance, above, is to launch a children's song book.
The book, Voiceplay, is designed for children and all those concerned with the care and education of young children in their early years.
It aims to allow parents and their young children to enjoy music together.
Voiceplay is Linda's first book and has taken three-and-a- half years to complete.
You may also want to watch:
"The project has been exciting and it seems a lifetime of work has gone into it, but it's been rewarding," she said.
"There have been so many people involved in the compiling of this work, including local children and adults for the recording of the CD, and I would like to thank them all."
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 9 College chapel goes green to raise awareness of rare condition
- 10 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
The book is accompanied by a CD with the songs addressing early childhood memories.
Linda, 52, from Royston, runs the Royston Little Voices group and teaches music to families with young babies and children throughout the North Herts area.
She said: "The feedback has been great so far, with press sales above average. It looks promising.
"The book will encourage families to sing together and I think the whole family can enjoy the book with their younger children.
"Music creativity is a real passion of mine and I have enjoyed every minute creating the book. Now I'm just looking forward to the launch."
Voiceplay is published by Oxford University Press. E-mail Musicwithmum21@btopenworld.com