Education by song
Music specialist Linda Bance, above, is to launch a children s song book. The book, Voiceplay, is designed for children and all those concerned with the care and education of young children in their early years. It aims to allow parents and their young ch
Music specialist Linda Bance, above, is to launch a children's song book.
The book, Voiceplay, is designed for children and all those concerned with the care and education of young children in their early years.
It aims to allow parents and their young children to enjoy music together.
Voiceplay is Linda's first book and has taken three-and-a- half years to complete.
You may also want to watch:
"The project has been exciting and it seems a lifetime of work has gone into it, but it's been rewarding," she said.
"There have been so many people involved in the compiling of this work, including local children and adults for the recording of the CD, and I would like to thank them all."
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
The book is accompanied by a CD with the songs addressing early childhood memories.
Linda, 52, from Royston, runs the Royston Little Voices group and teaches music to families with young babies and children throughout the North Herts area.
She said: "The feedback has been great so far, with press sales above average. It looks promising.
"The book will encourage families to sing together and I think the whole family can enjoy the book with their younger children.
"Music creativity is a real passion of mine and I have enjoyed every minute creating the book. Now I'm just looking forward to the launch."
Voiceplay is published by Oxford University Press. E-mail Musicwithmum21@btopenworld.com