Education by song
Music specialist Linda Bance, above, is to launch a children s song book. The book, Voiceplay, is designed for children and all those concerned with the care and education of young children in their early years. It aims to allow parents and their young ch
Music specialist Linda Bance, above, is to launch a children's song book.
The book, Voiceplay, is designed for children and all those concerned with the care and education of young children in their early years.
It aims to allow parents and their young children to enjoy music together.
Voiceplay is Linda's first book and has taken three-and-a- half years to complete.
You may also want to watch:
"The project has been exciting and it seems a lifetime of work has gone into it, but it's been rewarding," she said.
"There have been so many people involved in the compiling of this work, including local children and adults for the recording of the CD, and I would like to thank them all."
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
The book is accompanied by a CD with the songs addressing early childhood memories.
Linda, 52, from Royston, runs the Royston Little Voices group and teaches music to families with young babies and children throughout the North Herts area.
She said: "The feedback has been great so far, with press sales above average. It looks promising.
"The book will encourage families to sing together and I think the whole family can enjoy the book with their younger children.
"Music creativity is a real passion of mine and I have enjoyed every minute creating the book. Now I'm just looking forward to the launch."
Voiceplay is published by Oxford University Press. E-mail Musicwithmum21@btopenworld.com