EastEnders star becomes regular at Bassingbourn Indian restaurant to delight of staff
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity diner has become a regular at an Indian restaurant in Bassingbourn, much to the delight of the owners.
Yuva, the family-run Indian restaurant in Old North Road, has become a regular haunt of EastEnders actress Gillian Taylforth who plays Kathy Beale in the long-running soap.
Restaurant manager Amran Hussain, whose family have run the eatery for eight years in the village, said: “Gillian comes quite regularly with her family, once or twice a month.”
The restaurant, which was formerly the Red Lion pub, is said to pride itself on its ‘excellent service and high quantities of consistently beautiful food’, drawing influences from regional Indian and Nepalese traditions.
“We know exactly what she likes and we get it ready for her.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s been coming here for more than a year with her family.
“The first time she came in, three of my colleagues recognised her because they watch Eastenders and Hollyoaks.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
“Every time she comes in there is a buzz around the place.
“She really does appreciate what we do – when people like what you do, it makes you want to work harder,” Amran added.
Best known for her role in EastEnders, Gillian has appeared in a string of popular TV dramas including Footballers’ Wives, Hollyoaks and The Bill.
She has also been a presenter on ITV’s Loose Women and competed in BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.