EastEnders star becomes regular at Bassingbourn Indian restaurant to delight of staff
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity diner has become a regular at an Indian restaurant in Bassingbourn, much to the delight of the owners.
Yuva, the family-run Indian restaurant in Old North Road, has become a regular haunt of EastEnders actress Gillian Taylforth who plays Kathy Beale in the long-running soap.
Restaurant manager Amran Hussain, whose family have run the eatery for eight years in the village, said: “Gillian comes quite regularly with her family, once or twice a month.”
The restaurant, which was formerly the Red Lion pub, is said to pride itself on its ‘excellent service and high quantities of consistently beautiful food’, drawing influences from regional Indian and Nepalese traditions.
“We know exactly what she likes and we get it ready for her.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s been coming here for more than a year with her family.
“The first time she came in, three of my colleagues recognised her because they watch Eastenders and Hollyoaks.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
“Every time she comes in there is a buzz around the place.
“She really does appreciate what we do – when people like what you do, it makes you want to work harder,” Amran added.
Best known for her role in EastEnders, Gillian has appeared in a string of popular TV dramas including Footballers’ Wives, Hollyoaks and The Bill.
She has also been a presenter on ITV’s Loose Women and competed in BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.