EastEnders star becomes regular at Bassingbourn Indian restaurant to delight of staff
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity diner has become a regular at an Indian restaurant in Bassingbourn, much to the delight of the owners.
Yuva, the family-run Indian restaurant in Old North Road, has become a regular haunt of EastEnders actress Gillian Taylforth who plays Kathy Beale in the long-running soap.
Restaurant manager Amran Hussain, whose family have run the eatery for eight years in the village, said: “Gillian comes quite regularly with her family, once or twice a month.”
The restaurant, which was formerly the Red Lion pub, is said to pride itself on its ‘excellent service and high quantities of consistently beautiful food’, drawing influences from regional Indian and Nepalese traditions.
“We know exactly what she likes and we get it ready for her.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s been coming here for more than a year with her family.
“The first time she came in, three of my colleagues recognised her because they watch Eastenders and Hollyoaks.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
“Every time she comes in there is a buzz around the place.
“She really does appreciate what we do – when people like what you do, it makes you want to work harder,” Amran added.
Best known for her role in EastEnders, Gillian has appeared in a string of popular TV dramas including Footballers’ Wives, Hollyoaks and The Bill.
She has also been a presenter on ITV’s Loose Women and competed in BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.