EastEnders star becomes regular at Bassingbourn Indian restaurant to delight of staff
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity diner has become a regular at an Indian restaurant in Bassingbourn, much to the delight of the owners.
Yuva, the family-run Indian restaurant in Old North Road, has become a regular haunt of EastEnders actress Gillian Taylforth who plays Kathy Beale in the long-running soap.
Restaurant manager Amran Hussain, whose family have run the eatery for eight years in the village, said: “Gillian comes quite regularly with her family, once or twice a month.”
The restaurant, which was formerly the Red Lion pub, is said to pride itself on its ‘excellent service and high quantities of consistently beautiful food’, drawing influences from regional Indian and Nepalese traditions.
“We know exactly what she likes and we get it ready for her.
“She’s been coming here for more than a year with her family.
“The first time she came in, three of my colleagues recognised her because they watch Eastenders and Hollyoaks.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
“Every time she comes in there is a buzz around the place.
“She really does appreciate what we do – when people like what you do, it makes you want to work harder,” Amran added.
Best known for her role in EastEnders, Gillian has appeared in a string of popular TV dramas including Footballers’ Wives, Hollyoaks and The Bill.
She has also been a presenter on ITV’s Loose Women and competed in BBC’s Strictly Come Dancing.