Duxford stars in BA ad
A STRIKING advertising campaign launched by British Airways has pushed IWM Duxford into the limelight.
The Crow Country site was used as a filming location and during the June shoot over 40 extras and a large film crew set up shop on the museum.
The advert shows Duxford Aviation Society’s Concorde cockpit and VC10, Classic Wings’ de Havilland Dragon Rapide and a number of IWM Duxford vehicles, including the Bedford truck on display, the refueller from Hangar 4: Battle of Britain and the BOAC cub and luggage
trolley from AirSpace.
A Douglas DC-3 Dakota was flown in from Norway especially for the occasion and several vintage vehicles were brought in from other collections to represent the appropriate historical periods.
You may also want to watch:
Nostalgic civic aviation scenes were recreated for the advert and Duxford was transported back to the 1930s, 1950s and 1960s during the filming project.
THe advert is currently been shown across the country.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued