Duxford stars in BA ad
A STRIKING advertising campaign launched by British Airways has pushed IWM Duxford into the limelight.
The Crow Country site was used as a filming location and during the June shoot over 40 extras and a large film crew set up shop on the museum.
The advert shows Duxford Aviation Society’s Concorde cockpit and VC10, Classic Wings’ de Havilland Dragon Rapide and a number of IWM Duxford vehicles, including the Bedford truck on display, the refueller from Hangar 4: Battle of Britain and the BOAC cub and luggage
trolley from AirSpace.
A Douglas DC-3 Dakota was flown in from Norway especially for the occasion and several vintage vehicles were brought in from other collections to represent the appropriate historical periods.
You may also want to watch:
Nostalgic civic aviation scenes were recreated for the advert and Duxford was transported back to the 1930s, 1950s and 1960s during the filming project.
THe advert is currently been shown across the country.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 7 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge