Duxford Imperial War Museum will ‘revise air show programme as advised’ after restrictions announced following Shoreham disaster
- Credit: Archant
New restrictions have been put in place for air shows following the tragic Shoreham disaster in which a Sandon pilot’s jet plunged into A27 traffic on Saturday.
The Civil Aviation Authority yesterday announced that a temporary restriction will be put on Hawker Hunter aircraft flights and flying displays over land by vintage jet aircraft will be ‘significantly restricted’ until further notice.
They will be limited to flypasts, which means ‘high energy’ aerobatics will not be permitted.
A statement said: “The CAA will continue to offer every assistance to the Air Accidents Investigation Branch as it seeks to establish the cause of the accident. The CAA will also act promptly in response to any emerging indications from the AAIB’s investigation.
“Further details will be provided in the coming days and we will continue to work with the industry to ensure the most appropriate action is taken as a result of this review.”
You may also want to watch:
Pilot Andy Hill from Sandon remains in a critical condition in hospital, and the death toll is estimated to be 11 people.
Mr Hill regularly took part in shows at Imperial War Museum Duxford. A museum spokeswoman said: “Over the coming days, IWM will be in discussion with the Civil Aviation Authority and relevant partners regarding the recently announced restrictions and changes to UK civil air displays. We will revise our air show programme and operations as advised – if necessary. We will provide an update as soon as any decisions are made.”
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation