Duxford Imperial War Museum will ‘revise air show programme as advised’ after restrictions announced following Shoreham disaster
- Credit: Archant
New restrictions have been put in place for air shows following the tragic Shoreham disaster in which a Sandon pilot’s jet plunged into A27 traffic on Saturday.
The Civil Aviation Authority yesterday announced that a temporary restriction will be put on Hawker Hunter aircraft flights and flying displays over land by vintage jet aircraft will be ‘significantly restricted’ until further notice.
They will be limited to flypasts, which means ‘high energy’ aerobatics will not be permitted.
A statement said: “The CAA will continue to offer every assistance to the Air Accidents Investigation Branch as it seeks to establish the cause of the accident. The CAA will also act promptly in response to any emerging indications from the AAIB’s investigation.
“Further details will be provided in the coming days and we will continue to work with the industry to ensure the most appropriate action is taken as a result of this review.”
You may also want to watch:
Pilot Andy Hill from Sandon remains in a critical condition in hospital, and the death toll is estimated to be 11 people.
Mr Hill regularly took part in shows at Imperial War Museum Duxford. A museum spokeswoman said: “Over the coming days, IWM will be in discussion with the Civil Aviation Authority and relevant partners regarding the recently announced restrictions and changes to UK civil air displays. We will revise our air show programme and operations as advised – if necessary. We will provide an update as soon as any decisions are made.”
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week