Duxford Imperial War Museum will ‘revise air show programme as advised’ after restrictions announced following Shoreham disaster
- Credit: Archant
New restrictions have been put in place for air shows following the tragic Shoreham disaster in which a Sandon pilot’s jet plunged into A27 traffic on Saturday.
The Civil Aviation Authority yesterday announced that a temporary restriction will be put on Hawker Hunter aircraft flights and flying displays over land by vintage jet aircraft will be ‘significantly restricted’ until further notice.
They will be limited to flypasts, which means ‘high energy’ aerobatics will not be permitted.
A statement said: “The CAA will continue to offer every assistance to the Air Accidents Investigation Branch as it seeks to establish the cause of the accident. The CAA will also act promptly in response to any emerging indications from the AAIB’s investigation.
“Further details will be provided in the coming days and we will continue to work with the industry to ensure the most appropriate action is taken as a result of this review.”
You may also want to watch:
Pilot Andy Hill from Sandon remains in a critical condition in hospital, and the death toll is estimated to be 11 people.
Mr Hill regularly took part in shows at Imperial War Museum Duxford. A museum spokeswoman said: “Over the coming days, IWM will be in discussion with the Civil Aviation Authority and relevant partners regarding the recently announced restrictions and changes to UK civil air displays. We will revise our air show programme and operations as advised – if necessary. We will provide an update as soon as any decisions are made.”
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm