Dust down the lederhosen and order your stein as Royston Oktoberfest is just around the corner
- Credit: Archant
It’s time to dust down the lederhosen and order a stein of foaming kölsch – Oktoberfest is coming to Royston.
Organisers are hoping to pull in the punters to fill the huge marquee in the grounds of The Heath, which holds a capacity of 500.
The event is a joint venture between The Heath and Royston and District Round Table, who after years organising separate events, have decided to join forces to put on the biggest Oktoberfest yet.
Mark Parish from the Round Table said: “Rather than competing, we thought we would combine two events. It should be really good, I’m pretty excited.
“We are hoping to have a much bigger turnout. The Heath has specialist beers from the breweries. It takes it to another level for us.
You may also want to watch:
“It brings something exciting to Royston, which already has a good community spirit.
“Oktoberfest is something a bit different.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
“You get beer festivals in bigger towns and cities, but not normally in a small town the size of Royston.”
The event will take place on Saturday, October 17, starting at 7pm on The Heath in Royston.
The night’s entertainment includes music from the legendary Eric Von Winkler’s Bavarian Band.
Lead singer Eric is committed to providing an authentic sound of the Bavarian Alps, with polkas, marches and waltzes, presented with sing-along music which evokes memories of Tyrolean holidays and nights spent with friends in the Munich Hoffbrauhaus.
The band tour the country performing at rotary functions, social club evenings, street festival and PTA events.
People are invited to come dressed in their finest Alpine outfit when The Heath hosts the Oktoberfest extravaganza.
There will be a best dressed lederhosen and dirndl competition and 50/50 prize draw.
Entry price is £10. Pop into The Heath for your ticket, or call the team on 01763 243613.
Visit the Facebook page at facebook.com/royston-heath for more information.